Those who have successfully completed our intermediate program or those who already have intermediate knowledge about sailing and seamanship
Long distance cruising from İzmir (5 consecutive days)
Total Program Duration
Duration of long distance cruising is 5 consecutive days. (stay on boat)
Meeting at 09:00 on the boat on the first day, returning back to the port at 17:00 on the last day.
This program is suitable for seamen who already have intermediate knowledge about sailing and seamanship. Participants will be instructed about advanced level sailing knowledge and long cruising rules by intensive application. During the program, participants manage each item of the cruising and have the opportunity to intensively practice all the items.
- Reviewing of basic and intermediate level sailing subjects.
- Rules of cruising with spinnaker and trimming of spinnaker.
- Preventing of the broach.
- Butterfly sailing.
- Watch keeping at night cruising.
- Tacking with single.
- Gybing with single.
- Reefing with single.
- Steering with crew weight.
- Advanced level sail trim.
- Sailing rules of heavy weather.
- Mast rack.
- Preventing from accidents.
- Emergency procedure.
- Preventing from broken mast.
- Anchorage (advanced level)
- Anchorage by single crew.
- Mooring alongside in a marina by single crew.
- How to reach top of the mast by bosun chair.
- Advanced navigation.
- How to prepare to deviation table of the boat...
- Escape from the storm.
- Man overboard maneuvers in 2 minutes.
You can choose your advanced program from BOOKING PLAN